Question How much is my laptop worth to sell and where can I sell it?

Dec 27, 2020
Hi,

My laptop that I bought 1 year ago recently had a GPU failure (code 43) and no longer works properly. The warranty expired 2 weeks ago and it looks like repairs will cost enough to the point that I might as well buy a new one. I expected it to last a couple of years for the price, so I'd like to sell it to help me afford a new one.

So how much is it worth? (I paid around $1200 for it) And is there anywhere I can go in person to sell it? (ex. BestBuy, Staples, local computer shops/repair shops etc.)

Link to the laptop: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Legion-B...-16GB-RAM-512GB-PCIe-SSD-81Q6000QUS/560161624

Specs:
Lenovo Legion y545
9th Generation Intel Core i7-9750H Hexa-Core Processor
16GB (2x8GB) 2666MHz DDR4 RAM
512GB 2280 m.2 NVMe Solid State Drive
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 6GB (no longer works)
15.6" FHD 144Hz IPS Anti-Glare Display
Front-Facing 720P HD Wedcam with integrated dual array digital microphones

I am hoping it could sell for at least $700 since it is only a year old and the graphics card is worth around $400. I don't believe there is a functioning integrated graphics card because even when I disable the RTX 2060, it only fixes the problem temporarily.

Any help would be appreciated thank you.

Dec 27, 2020
I doubt that, if you give all the details as to th eproblem, that you'll get as much as $400.

Try eBay. Is Staples still going out your way? They disappeared from the UK three years ago.
Thank you for the advice. And yeah we still have Staples here in the U.S. I'll stop by there first to see what they have to say.

Thank you!

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Hi,

My laptop that I bought 1 year ago recently had a GPU failure (code 43) and no longer works properly. The warranty expired 2 weeks ago and it looks like repairs will cost enough to the point that I might as well buy a new one. I expected it to last a couple of years for the price, so I'd like to sell it to help me afford a new one.

So how much is it worth? (I paid around $1200 for it) And is there anywhere I can go in person to sell it? (ex. BestBuy, Staples, local computer shops/repair shops etc.)

Link to the laptop: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Legion-B...-16GB-RAM-512GB-PCIe-SSD-81Q6000QUS/560161624

Specs:
Lenovo Legion y545
9th Generation Intel Core i7-9750H Hexa-Core Processor
16GB (2x8GB) 2666MHz DDR4 RAM
512GB 2280 m.2 NVMe Solid State Drive
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 6GB (no longer works)
15.6" FHD 144Hz IPS Anti-Glare Display
Front-Facing 720P HD Wedcam with integrated dual array digital microphones

I am hoping it could sell for at least $700 since it is only a year old and the graphics card is worth around $400. I don't believe there is a functioning integrated graphics card because even when I disable the RTX 2060, it only fixes the problem temporarily.

Any help would be appreciated thank you.
I suggest contacting Lenovo about the matter. They may actually help you since the warranty recently expired. Worth asking.

Reactions: certainlife
Dec 27, 2020
I suggest contacting Lenovo about the matter. They may actually help you since the warranty recently expired. Worth asking.
I actually recently got off the phone with them. For awhile it sounded they would help, but once they confirmed the warranty ended 2 weeks ago, they just gave me technical support which didn't help. The technician did say they tried to request a 30 day grace period for me, but the senior technician denied it apparently. I was thinking of calling them back saying that this is the second lenovo laptop which broke soon after the warranty (which is true.) But I think I'll do that tomorrow and hope there is a different senior technician who might be more sympathetic. Thank you for the suggestion! I appreciate it. If you have any advice on what else to say to them, let me know. (I'm not really good at being demanding towards customer support haha.)