can I get windows 8.1 on my android tablet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Blais

Estimable
Dec 11, 2014
The real answer as of today is no.

All Android CPU are not x86 base, second the OS need to be part of the firmware unlike Normal PC where you can put almost any OS on it, and yes you can put Android on some PC.

Microsoft never released it for Arm CPU. Intel has something similar to Arm CPU but it's x86 base call an Adam CPU that run Windows 8.1 no problem.

Sk1tch

Estimable
Mar 12, 2015
Actually you can run Android on any computer regardless of architecture, and second yes you can install Windows 8.1 on an Android Tablet like for example my Nexus 7 2nd Gen has the capability to install using Multirom installer. Flash 8.1 to a thumb drive and use a usb Y cable and choose to boot from the flash drive takes forever to load it up but it worked for me but I use Kali Linux NetHunter now so that's old news to me. Surprised nobody knew this before I figured it out......

mrtpb

Estimable
Mar 26, 2015

Clearly you dont know much about it, because microsoft had released Windows NT to platforms that doesin't have x86 capabilities (including arm), that OS looks almost the same as the one for x86 but only difference is that it run programs designed to that platform so you can't run most of Windows programs. Second Microsoft don't give it for free of course :)

Status
Not open for further replies.