Can I Install Windows 8 on my Android Phone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution
No , smartphones are designed to work with certain Operating Systems , it's the same thing as wanting to install the Apple OS on the phone. Each Operating System will be looking for certain hardware in the phone that it's designed to work with.

inzone

Splendid
No , smartphones are designed to work with certain Operating Systems , it's the same thing as wanting to install the Apple OS on the phone. Each Operating System will be looking for certain hardware in the phone that it's designed to work with.

Solution

jaybeeturner

Estimable
Nov 27, 2014

Joe Grimmett

Estimable
Dec 28, 2014

This is the closest you'll get.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1389700

Mohammed Shamshid

Estimable
Jan 29, 2015

I guess Windows ROM can be ported to Android Phones like Nexus 5 like I've done B)

Titan Sword

Estimable
Feb 5, 2015

thats not true windows and android are open source so its possible unlike apple is not opensource... that means that because of the hardware differences if apple was installed on android it wouldnt run cuz ios would detect the software differences

Buggy211

Estimable
Jul 28, 2015
You can install windows 8.1 on an Android system, do some more research, I'm not telling you exactly how it's done, but I currently have my Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 Dual booted with both 8.1 and my Android OS, works flawlessly. So for future reference, if you're spouting out of your butt to try and pretend like you know what you're talking about, don't. You waste peoples time.

Really. Given that the phone has an ARM CPU and 8.1 (unless you're talking about RT) is exclusive to x86/x86_64, I find this hard to believe.

Proof please.

Willie0

Estimable
Apr 15, 2015
I've used that Windows 8 Theme once and it really works like a true Windows 8. Maybe you could do that instead of installing it. If you are really persistent in having one then you better buy a Windows phone. Could have a working VPN and everything you want from a Windows phone.

Dave__

Estimable
Sep 27, 2015
I know you can install Linux on your Android phone. There are a couple of apps you can donwload from Playstore that will allow you to choose the distro you want , click and Voila! Ubuntu is a popular OS that has rivalled widows for years and is an option on many laptops sold in stores such as Walmart. I have not seen one for running Windows yet although there is no reason why it is not possible. In previous posts people said NO you cant because the OS is written for a specific Architecture (Basically the hardware), but there are fixes or ways around this issue as the Linux Installers (as usual) have proven for rich Windoze users once again. Micro$oft will always say "you have to run it on our devices and no one elses so here buy this one..." Linux sais, "ah, ya you can do that, ...see!"

JustaNerd

Estimable
Oct 7, 2015
Yes you can if it is an x86 achitecture, on ARM is more difficult because you need a specific drivers, binaries, bootloader, kernel... to make it work on specific device, because the windows is closed sourse, it is to dificult to do that if you don't want to use an emulator. Take a look at iOS or Windows phone devices, they can run android because it is an open source OS, so it isin't so hard to port it.
Here is Windows and Android dual boot proof on tablet, just google: Chuwi HI8 tablet.

Status
Not open for further replies.