Can i live stream on youtube with one laptop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mmafighter13

Estimable
Jul 24, 2015
I hear that your suppose to have like a 3 computers to live stream im trying to put videos up on youtube of me playing gta 5 and i will once i get a laptop so i was wondering if i can live stream with just one laptop?

Solution
Generally speaking, people who record / stream as a profession or "high-end hobbyist" tends to do it with two PCs. One high end PC for playing games and a 2nd PC to do the video recording and uploading. However, it is possible to do it with just a single desktop or laptop, but you will be taking a performance hit since it must play the game and record it at the same time. A guess-timate will be around a 15% - 20% performance hit. A quad core i7 CPU like the i7-4710HQ is highly recommended; Core i7 "U" and "M" model CPUs are less expensive, but they are only dual core CPUs.

There is such a thing a Youtube live stream, but it is overshadowed by Twitch.
No clue where you would have seen you need 3 computers to stream. But you need a powerful one to run a high end game and stream at the same time. You can run GTA V and stream it on a laptop in about the $1,200 range. But putting videos on YouTube is not live streaming, it's recording.

Generally speaking, people who record / stream as a profession or "high-end hobbyist" tends to do it with two PCs. One high end PC for playing games and a 2nd PC to do the video recording and uploading. However, it is possible to do it with just a single desktop or laptop, but you will be taking a performance hit since it must play the game and record it at the same time. A guess-timate will be around a 15% - 20% performance hit. A quad core i7 CPU like the i7-4710HQ is highly recommended; Core i7 "U" and "M" model CPUs are less expensive, but they are only dual core CPUs.

There is such a thing a Youtube live stream, but it is overshadowed by Twitch.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.