Can I locate my android phone while it is dead using another device

daniellericcardi

Estimable
May 25, 2014
I lost my motorola droid 4 last night, and it has since then lost its battery life. I don't have any preexisting apps on my phone to prevent a missing phone situation, and I was wondering if I could locate my dead device with another mobile device or a computer with internet access?

Verizon couldn't really help me out, and my career field revolves around my phone! Help meeeeeeee!

Solution
how? it's dead, so how is the phone supposed to communicate anything about it's location when it's battery is dead?

if you turned on google location services to use the android device manager, maybe someone who finds it will charge it and then you try and locate it and maybe you can narrow it down close enough and they'll be nice enough to give it back, or at the least you can erase it, but only if you turned on android device manager and registered your phone.
how? it's dead, so how is the phone supposed to communicate anything about it's location when it's battery is dead?

if you turned on google location services to use the android device manager, maybe someone who finds it will charge it and then you try and locate it and maybe you can narrow it down close enough and they'll be nice enough to give it back, or at the least you can erase it, but only if you turned on android device manager and registered your phone.

Solution