Can I optimise my laptop for better gaming performance?

Bob_Jones

Commendable
Sep 17, 2016
i have a Dell Inspiron 3541 with:
AMD A8-6410 APU 2GHz with Radeon R5 Graphics
8gb DDR3 RAM
windows 10 64 bit

just curious if I can improve the performance for gaming, I'm new to all this stuff

Edit: I usually game while plugged in, so battery consumption isn't a problem

Solution
Try doing these stuff, if you use too much hard drive space delete everything you don't need, defragment your hard disks by using Disk Defragmenter (default application that comes with Windows), uninstall every application you don't use, keep your OS and graphic drivers up to date, try using Razer Cortex and launch your game from the application or use it's power settings.

Of course you can lower the resolution and graphic settings to get more FPS, some games have graphic settings that support only high-end GPUs so you should turn those settings off.

Please do tell me if you think this didn't helped much and I'll try to help you more!

Bob_Jones

Commendable
Sep 17, 2016

i usually game plugged in, so battery consumption doesn't matter

strike2001

Estimable
Aug 29, 2015
Try this:
Go to power Options --> High performance.
Close all the programs that are open while you are playing games.
Lower the resolution and the detail level in the game.
Delete all unused files in your computer.

Bob_Jones

Commendable
Sep 17, 2016

I already do this, but is there any way to improve performance further? Thanks anyways

The only way to increase it further would be to overclock, which unfortunately is locked out for laptops. However, there might be a chance your IGPU is unlocked.

TDHBP_Messed

Estimable
Dec 27, 2015
Try doing these stuff, if you use too much hard drive space delete everything you don't need, defragment your hard disks by using Disk Defragmenter (default application that comes with Windows), uninstall every application you don't use, keep your OS and graphic drivers up to date, try using Razer Cortex and launch your game from the application or use it's power settings.

Of course you can lower the resolution and graphic settings to get more FPS, some games have graphic settings that support only high-end GPUs so you should turn those settings off.

Please do tell me if you think this didn't helped much and I'll try to help you more!

Solution