Solved! Can I put an I3 4005u into an Acer TravelMate b115e?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 2, 2021
So I have a laptop with an i3 4005u but the hinges are broken and I can't take it anywhere. I am getting a refurbished Acer travelmate b115e and was wondering if I could just swap the CPUs around as the i3 is a much better chip than the n3150 that's in it?

Feb 2, 2021
My laptop died over the weekend so I'm on the lookout for another. I've found refurb Toshiba C50's on eBay, both with different CPU's and I'm not sure which to go for. The i3 3110m is obviously faster but is much less efficient when it comes to power usage...
I'm just wondering which would be the wiser option? They are both the same price... £239.99.
Toshiba C50-A-156 is the 3110m
Toshiba L50-B-1NL is the 4005U
I still daily my Toshiba satellite pro with the 4005u and I mean Idk how it fairs with gaming anymore I'm sure it could handle some light gaming on 720p but for my daily tasks it still feels great responsive snappy with loading pages and browsing the web, boot times are also quite good considering I'm booting off a HHD i still highly recommend the 4005u for again daily work and the Toshiba L50-B-1NL also looks better to me so, in my opinion, I would go for that. When doing light work you aren't really going to notice the difference in CPU performance however if you tend to game on it regularly I would go with the 3110m, both are great chips still. Hope this helps and always go with the one that looks in better condition or looks like it has been treated better.

Status
Not open for further replies.