can i repair a cracked screen on my proscan android tablet by myself ?

Solution
It is possible to repair cracked and broken screens on most devices nowadays providing you can find a replacement. Depending on how bad the damage is will depend on what you need to buy however. If it just the glass that is cracked, and not the display itself you can replace just the glass, but this is a tough job in most cases as it requires removing the glass from the display without damaging the screen or getting debris trapped beneath it. If it is the entire display that is broken, this is an easier repair, but more costly.

I'm not personally familliar with Proscan devices, which model do you have? What is the extent of the damage? Can you still see everything or is the entire display broken?

Just as a quick example, I broke the...

grebgonebad

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2012
It is possible to repair cracked and broken screens on most devices nowadays providing you can find a replacement. Depending on how bad the damage is will depend on what you need to buy however. If it just the glass that is cracked, and not the display itself you can replace just the glass, but this is a tough job in most cases as it requires removing the glass from the display without damaging the screen or getting debris trapped beneath it. If it is the entire display that is broken, this is an easier repair, but more costly.

I'm not personally familliar with Proscan devices, which model do you have? What is the extent of the damage? Can you still see everything or is the entire display broken?

Just as a quick example, I broke the glass on my old Samsung Galaxy S3, but no the actual display, and so I purchased an S3 front glass and digitiser assembly for £20 on Ebay. In order to replace it I had to use a heat gun to melt the adhesive securing the glass to the display, and then carefully remove the broken glass and replace it with the new glass. Unfortunately in the process I ended up cracking the display itself, therefore rendering it useless. In the end I had to buy a full display assembly from Ebay for £120. A much more costly repair but far easier and safer as it simply required me to remove all the internal components from the S3 and install them in the new display casing.

So as you can see there are pro's and cons for both methods. Only your skill level and patience will determine which is best for you.

Solution

syllvia

Honorable
Jan 21, 2014

---------------------------------------------------
it appears that it is working, but touching the screen isn't activating nything. I see that it is connected to my network still, and appears to have facebook logged on getting notifications. it is a proscan model plt7223g

grebgonebad

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2012
Apologies for the late reply.

Okay, so it sounds like it is the touch screen digitiser that's broken. PRoviding you can still see everything on the display and there are no cracks in the display itself, you COULD simply replace the broken digitiser. You would have to seach for one and try to find somehwere that is selling one. But like I said in my previous post, this is a tricky process and more dangerous in the long run. You could still try to find the entire screen assembly, which would be far easier to replace, but it will cost more. It depends on how confident you are.

FYI, if you can't find a replacement digitiser or screen assembly, you could always try searching for a second hand proscan plt7223g which is faulty and in non-working order, but has an unbroken screen.

lexisofab

Estimable
May 7, 2014

have you ever got your proscan tablet fixed cause my sister kicked mines of the couch did u get yours fix and how

Viou

Estimable
Jun 5, 2014
Yes you can. But you have to find the digitizer/touch screen for your tablet. And the best way to make sure of no mistake you have to take off the digitizer and find the serial number who on the connector of the touch screen. Sorry my english is bad, so I do my best. For example the serial number on my Proscan tablet 8'' is SLC08004DE0B. And I can find a digitizer replacement on this website for US$28.99: http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Original-8-inch-Tablet-SLC08004BE0B-Touch-screen-panel-Digitizer-Glass-Sensor-Replacement-Free-Shipping/1194141_1803368258.html

And this is a video to see how to open the proscan tablet, sorry it's in french but it can give you an idear : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viS9cumzhSE

Grunge Guy

Estimable
Nov 2, 2014
I have this exact model. Ordered the digitizer and tool kit on ebay. Searched online for hours for a guide and never found anything specific to this exact model so I just went for it. Tablet works perfect with its new UNCRACKED screen. I can try to answer any questions. Or for a small fee, you are welcome to ship it to me and I'll do it for you. rwyatthawkins@gmail.com
Good luck
Ric

Bobbi White

Estimable
Jan 15, 2015
Make sure you note the Proscan model number. Touchscreen replacements are available on EBay. Most come from China or Hong Kong, so they roll take a few weeks to get there. Easy to replace. Just snap device apart and carefully detach digitizer. Make sure to put small buttons, etc. To the side carefully.

laptronics

Honorable
Nov 13, 2013
Broken tablet Display or Digitizer? Replace it!

Laptronics technologies takes total responsibility and offers quality for the work at any cost. Come and experience lowest prices for a quality Tablet Display screen repair or tablet Digitizer repair. Benchmark of our success is based on experience, dedication, timely work, quick turnaround times, affordable rates, and cordial customer relationship. Our service centre also specializes in all types of Tablet Display screen repair or tablet Digitizer repair for Maximum same day tablet screen replacement. Our experienced staff will ensure that you receive an unsurpassed Tablet Display screen repair or tablet Digitizer repair or replacement service. Contact us to see how Laptronics technologies can be your tablet replacement screen solution. Just call our technicians for immediate Tablet Display screen repair service. We provide a quote prior to undertaking your Tablet Display screen repair for total customer awareness. For more details please contact us at +91-9940697969 [video="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akmZQ2TL99c"][/video]or send us an email at support@laptronics.co.in

What is Tablet digitizer?

The Digitizer by definition is a device used to convert analog signals into digital signals. In the case of our Smart phones, this device would be the glass that covers the LED Display. Yes, the glass piece that is attached to the LED Display is the digitizer or sometimes called LED Display digitizer or Touch screen.

What is Tablet LCD Display?

LCD (liquid crystal display) is the technology used for displays in Tablet and smaller computers.

How to works Tablet Digitizer?
Tablet-Display-Digitizer-repair-or-replacement.html

Tablet-Display-Digitizer-repair-replacement
Fixing a Tablet Display or Digitizer

This guide will show you how to replace the tablet display or digitizer .

Turn off your Tablet and remove the battery.
Remove the all screws
Take apart your Tablet by removing the plastic cover on the back of the Tablet. Eventually, your tablet will be in few pieces. (Mic, camera, headphone jack…)
Remove the tablet faulty display or digitizer from your tablet using plastic tools. The digitizer is usually glued into the tablet and onto the touch screen, so this will take some prying.
Use your plastic blade toll to shave off the plastic bump from your old digitizer or display. You will be breaking off your faulty digitizer, but the plastic bump will need to be removed separately. Place the new digitizer into your tablet, and connect it to the appropriate main board. Your new digitizer should have a plastic bump on it that will fit into the main board.
Screw your tablet back together, put the battery back in and hit the power button.
Your tablet display or digitizer should now work.

We are repaired below mentioned Tablet Display or Digitizer Problems also

No Display
Physical damage in Display
Physical Damage in Digitizer
Vertical or Horizontal Lines issues
Dots Lines problem
Whitish/block dots problem

zzyyasdf

Estimable
May 26, 2015