Can I retrieve photos from a water damaged moto g4 plus?

Aug 14, 2018
Phone Went in the ocean. Has a non-removable battery. Was able later to turn on and see the pics but not enough power to send to cloud. Wouldn't recognize flash drive. Try to charge but not able. Tried plugging into laptop to transfer file. That didnt work. Now battery is dead. Do I chalk it off as a total loss or is there a solution? New battery? How would I charge it? Would the charging port work if I did?

Solution
Even if the water only happened a few weeks ago, it could still have damaged the device if it was not allowed to dry out properly. Plus it would be salt water rather than just clear water. You could try having it looked at, see if anything is salvageable, but it would not be shocked if it isn't.
Aug 14, 2018

It happened back in mid July..it was only a few days ago I looked at them

Even if the water only happened a few weeks ago, it could still have damaged the device if it was not allowed to dry out properly. Plus it would be salt water rather than just clear water. You could try having it looked at, see if anything is salvageable, but it would not be shocked if it isn't.

Solution