Can I save my Sony Walkman

clarkx100

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2011
I have a sony walkman NWZ-E364. Toughest little piece of hardware I've ever owned. Had it for about 4 years if I remember right with no problems until I washed the poor thing a few days ago.

I followed all the steps about drying it out and after 2 days I plugged it up and it kicked right on. Was even still at 91% battery. The problem is though that none of the buttons would respond 99% of the time and when one randomly did it was erratic. It played music when I could get it in the right spot to and worked fine until the battery died.

It will still connect with the computer and I can copy back and forth from it with ease but the battery no longer charges nor do the buttons respond as far as I can tell. The manual said that if the buttons didn't respond it could be still holding moisture but I can't check that if the battery is dead. It won't let me do any button inputs while it's plugged into the computer.

Is there any saving it at this point or is it just too much of an investment. I'm worried that the contacts are corroded or shorted out so replacing the battery would be $10 wasted. (Also not the greatest with soldering if it came to that) I really don't want to have to replace it. It's got quite a bit of sentimental value

Any help at all is appreciated.

clarkx100

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2011
I just finished opening it up and all of the buttons are making good contact. I contacted a seller on ebay that had parts frmo these and he told me the battery may be the only issue. The buttons still worry me though. I'm not sure how a bad battery could have any effect on the buttons

Jonas_6

Estimable
Nov 9, 2015

Hi Clark,

I have the same problem, my E-364 won't charge anymore and i don't want to buy another one just to replace the battery. Can you please give me the part number of the battery or the seller's contact info that you talked about?

Thanks man.