Can I track my stolen android smart tv since i used my google account to set it up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fangarai

Estimable
Feb 8, 2014
While i was away on vacation, someone stole my tv and ps4 from the living room. Since the tv is a smart android tv (LeEco super4 x55) and i had to use my google account to set it up, I was wondering if it is possible to somehow track my tv with it since i know you can track your phone if you have google signed in on it.

It seems like management will not take responsibility for my stolen devices even thought it was stolen during the period they have workers going in and out the apts for fixing stuff. Short from suing the place im staying at, im hoping i could track my tv since whoever stole it had access to the keys and most likely works here. and if they have the tv, they are going to have my ps4.

any help would be appreciated

Solution
Short answer no. As even though you will be signed in on it. Your tv won't have GPS etc. built into it allowing you to track it. Most you can do is contact the people who made your tv with information about the serial no. etc. and see if they are able to do anything.

abaday789

Estimable
Jul 4, 2014
Short answer no. As even though you will be signed in on it. Your tv won't have GPS etc. built into it allowing you to track it. Most you can do is contact the people who made your tv with information about the serial no. etc. and see if they are able to do anything.

Solution

They can be tracked upto a point just via internet connection - it wil only get you within 30 yards or so.
Obviously the tv has to be signed into the google account & it has to be connected to the internet to even stand a chance of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.