Can I upgrade my laptop for gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaghyEGNL

Estimable
Jun 2, 2015
Yo guys,
I was hoping you could help me.
I have a laptop, it was a present from my grandma.
It's not a game laptop but it works fine
It's a Acer Aspire E1-532P-4819 Notebook.

Processor: 1,7 GHz, 2MB L3 cache (2CPUs)
Memory: 4000 MB DDR3 L
Graphics: DirectX11
DirectX: Version 11
GPU: IntelⓇ HD graphics, 1792 MB

Can I upgrade my laptop for gaming?
Do you need to know more? Just say it

SaghyEGNL

Solution
There isn't much you can do with it other than increase the RAM to 8GB which can slightly improve gaming performance since it has an integrated Intel HD graphics core. When there are two sticks of RAM it will operate in dual channel mode rather than single channel mode which can help improve the performance of an integrated graphics core. But that generally only increases performance by around 5% - 10% depending on the game. That is too small of a difference for a weak graphics core to notice any difference.

You can play Minecraft and probably some non graphics intensive games like League of Legends or Half Life 2 / Team Fortress 2. You can try LoL and TF2 since they are free games.
There isn't much you can do with it other than increase the RAM to 8GB which can slightly improve gaming performance since it has an integrated Intel HD graphics core. When there are two sticks of RAM it will operate in dual channel mode rather than single channel mode which can help improve the performance of an integrated graphics core. But that generally only increases performance by around 5% - 10% depending on the game. That is too small of a difference for a weak graphics core to notice any difference.

You can play Minecraft and probably some non graphics intensive games like League of Legends or Half Life 2 / Team Fortress 2. You can try LoL and TF2 since they are free games.

Solution

SaghyEGNL

Estimable
Jun 2, 2015

Look I want to buy Ark: Survival Evolved new game that comes out in an hour and I need 2 GHz for it but I have 1.7 GHz. Can I upgrade that then?

Nope. You cannot upgrade the CPU or it's speed.

I would not bother buying the game because your laptop is very weak for games. I recommend you wait until other people have played the game and then post a question in Steam's forum if they think you will be able to play the game on your laptop. Otherwise you could be wasting your money.

No, you can't. It comes with a Pentium 3556u CPU.

All Intel "u" model CPUs, including the Core series, are soldered into the motherboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.