Solved! Can I upgrade the Asus x555q a12 processor?

cd70451

Estimable
May 22, 2018
I was wanting to upgrade my a12 processor in my asusx555q to a better one, is it possible and if so which processors could I go to?

Solution
Ah. So you must have run the Windows update checker and found the processor was lacking. 11 may still mostly work. I think the checker tells you that if that is the case but go read about running 11 on your processor.

I usually update Windows, but when I did so on a test machine I found that MS is even more intrusive than on 10. I'm not planning to update for a few years. MS has said they will continue to update 10 for a while. You might want to just hold off. Maybe they will add full support for your processor.
Ah. So you must have run the Windows update checker and found the processor was lacking. 11 may still mostly work. I think the checker tells you that if that is the case but go read about running 11 on your processor.

I usually update Windows, but when I did so on a test machine I found that MS is even more intrusive than on 10. I'm not planning to update for a few years. MS has said they will continue to update 10 for a while. You might want to just hold off. Maybe they will add full support for your processor.

Solution