Can i upgrady my laptops graphics card?

Dood_

Commendable
Dec 25, 2016
So i have a asus n552vw with a 960 that only has 2gb of video memory,cna anyone tell me if it can be upgraded,and if yes where cna i get a laptops graphics card that has mroe than 2 gigs?Thanks

Solution
Yes and NO.
The Laptop you have is capable of upgrading further but due to its messures you should actually stay like that. Also, Cards are not better for its Gbs of VRAM, cards are better for its clock speeds. And GTX 960 is one of the best cards you can ever had on that laptop considering that further models are EXTREMLY expensive. Like 3 times the normal price of a PC part of the same exact model.
As i said on top, 2 gbs of Video Memory is more than enough to ANY 1080p Games. My titan X SLI dont even use its 16 gb of VRAM, they only use 2 or 4 when playing at 4k resolutions...

Ramlethal

Commendable
Dec 21, 2016
Yes and NO.
The Laptop you have is capable of upgrading further but due to its messures you should actually stay like that. Also, Cards are not better for its Gbs of VRAM, cards are better for its clock speeds. And GTX 960 is one of the best cards you can ever had on that laptop considering that further models are EXTREMLY expensive. Like 3 times the normal price of a PC part of the same exact model.
As i said on top, 2 gbs of Video Memory is more than enough to ANY 1080p Games. My titan X SLI dont even use its 16 gb of VRAM, they only use 2 or 4 when playing at 4k resolutions...

Solution

nvincent_08

Commendable
Jun 21, 2016
i dont think n552vw have upgradable graphic card as there is no info about that, but you could probably use razer core to boost your laptop performance when gaming as there is usb 3.1 type c on your laptop