Can I Upload intel Core 2 Duo to i7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remarko

Estimable
Sep 18, 2014
Hello Guys i'm new here ... and that's my first thread so ... i got samsung laptop with Intel Core 2 Duo T6600 ( 2.2 GHz ) and i want to upgrade it to an i7 Complitable Processor ... and i don't know any i7 processor support the same socket my Processor Support

...Thanks

okcnaline

Honorable
Herald
Nov 17, 2013
Wolfshadw, it is possible to upgrade the laptop CPU. Like bare bones. As long as BIOS is compatible, and the sockets match, it's okay.

However, there's no way the BIOS would be compatible, much less than the fact that it's the wrong socket.

okcnaline - Yes, in some cases it is possible, but I've found often the CPU is soldered to the motherboard. Even if it isn't, it's not as easy as swapping out a desktop processor. As an experienced desktop builder, this is not something I would even try to undertake with a working laptop.

On the off chance you are able to replace the CPU, you're right in that you have to match the socket and make sure the BIOS is compatible with the new CPU, but I would think you also need to make sure the new processor comes in under the max rated Thermal Design Power.

-Wolf sends

Status
Not open for further replies.