Solved! Can i use universal LED strips for this TV?

Duckgoosed

Estimable
Oct 7, 2020
Hi i am looking for LED strips for my Philips BDM4065

I've looked everywhere! Can't seem to find any. Would it be possible to get some universal ones or does it have to be for my particular TV model?

Solution
No i mean the backlight strips that go in the TV. I wonder if i have to use the exact same strips for my particular tv
Different LED strips draw different voltages. Typically, each LED can draw either 3V or 6V, depending on what the TV is designed to use. So using a 3V LED strip when a 6V LED strip is supposed to be used will make the image alot darker than its supposed.
Another thing to consider is the way LED strips are connected and the types are usually two : edge LED strips and row led strips. Edge LED strips line one edge of the TV (either side or bottom) while row LED strips have 4 to 6 bars of LED strips arranged in rows. The connectors to each LED strip need to fit as well (unless you intend to microsolder wires to it)...
LED strips to just put around the TV for ambient light? Yes any one of those will work. They don't make any specifically for a model of TV except for only a few models as accessories from the vendor. Just get any strip, tape where you want them and plug into power.

Duckgoosed

Estimable
Oct 7, 2020
LED strips to just put around the TV for ambient light? Yes any one of those will work. They don't make any specifically for a model of TV except for only a few models as accessories from the vendor. Just get any strip, tape where you want them and plug into power.
No i mean the backlight strips that go in the TV. I wonder if i have to use the exact same strips for my particular tv

Oct 14, 2020
Different LED strips draw different voltages. Typically, each LED can draw either 3V or 6V, depending on what the TV is designed to use. So using a 3V LED strip when a 6V LED strip is supposed to be used will make the image alot darker than its supposed.
Another thing to consider is the way LED strips are connected and the types are usually two : edge LED strips and row led strips. Edge LED strips line one edge of the TV (either side or bottom) while row LED strips have 4 to 6 bars of LED strips arranged in rows. The connectors to each LED strip need to fit as well (unless you intend to microsolder wires to it).
Hope that helps.

Solution