Gameran_186

Prominent
Apr 9, 2017
My laptop specs:
i5 7200u 2.5ghz
940mx geforce gddr5 2gb
6gb ram
1tb HDD

Can i run games like war thunder,csgo,dota2,gta 5 at like medium to high setting without getting lower fps than 40fps??

Please reply this is rlly important for me
:((

Thanks in advance!

-Gameran_168

Solution
Game performance depends on the resolution you are playing the game at. The higher the resolution the lower the performance. If the laptop has a 1080p screen, but the game does not run very well, then one solution could be to play the game at a lower resolution such as 1366x768.

The 940mx will have no problems running CSGO or DOTA 2. War Thunder seems to high higher system requirements than I thought so frame rates will be lower compared to the other games. Generally speaking many free to play MMOs have low system requirements, but War Thunder is an exception. It had decently high requirements back in 2012, but since mobile graphics have improve since then it should be playable with the 940mx. What will the performance be like? I have...
It generally depends on what resolution you are playing at and the specific game you want to play.

GTA V is a demanding game, but at 1366x768 resolution you should be able to get at least 40 FPS on average using medium graphic settings. You may even get at least 40 FPS at 1600x900 resolution.

Online MMOs like War Thunder, CSGO and DOTA 2 generally have low system requirements because they want as many people to play their games; especially if they are free to play. Those types of games makes money on micro-transactions; the more players there are the more likely the free MMO can make money.

Gameran_186

Prominent
Apr 9, 2017
Jaguar what do you mean by that does it mean i can run those mmos
smoothly??

And can you please check this out it would really mean a lot to me

- Can i run this game called tanki online at like 60 fps wiith the same specs above??

Recommended requirement :
Processor: Intel Core i3-i5, or other processor with clock rate over 2.33 GHz. ...
Processor: Intel Core i3. RAM: 4 Gigabytes of RAM.

Game performance depends on the resolution you are playing the game at. The higher the resolution the lower the performance. If the laptop has a 1080p screen, but the game does not run very well, then one solution could be to play the game at a lower resolution such as 1366x768.

The 940mx will have no problems running CSGO or DOTA 2. War Thunder seems to high higher system requirements than I thought so frame rates will be lower compared to the other games. Generally speaking many free to play MMOs have low system requirements, but War Thunder is an exception. It had decently high requirements back in 2012, but since mobile graphics have improve since then it should be playable with the 940mx. What will the performance be like? I have no idea.

It seems Tanki Online does not list any graphic card requirements so that means it simply needs integrated graphics which means it has pretty low requirements. The 940mx is not considered a "gaming GPU", but it is definitely more powerful than integrated graphics.

Solution