Solved! Can my wifi speed on a home router be slowed if I am on a VPN

travistee

Honorable
Nov 28, 2016
I found this on slowing down some users
  • Login to your Router.
  • Collect IP from active client table.
  • Go to Bandwidth Settings.
  • Input value: IP, Bandwidth limit. ................. If I am on a VPN can my IP be found. I'm using NordVPN and they say there is an invisible mode so under which
  • conditions can my IP address be seen? or not be seen

Solution
Yes, using a VPN can lower your relative bandwidth speed in terms of actual throughput. Your base speed between devices and your router aren't slowed down. You simply have more data, since encrypted and being tunnelled elsewhere flowing.

travistee

Honorable
Nov 28, 2016
I have a question submitted to Nord. They say that when in invisible mode the computer is not visible even if Nord is not running. I'm just trying to understand how invisible it is.

In my original question above I described how bandwidth can be set based on IP address.
I'll wait for their answer. It seems if the IP address can be seen its not that invisible.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Yes, using a VPN can lower your relative bandwidth speed in terms of actual throughput. Your base speed between devices and your router aren't slowed down. You simply have more data, since encrypted and being tunnelled elsewhere flowing.

Solution

travistee

Honorable
Nov 28, 2016
I have the question submitted to Nord so I will post the answer when they tell me.
They say its "invisible". Lets wait for them to say.
I think this invisible mode is new. They say when its turned on the computer is invisible even if NordVPN is not turned on. So lets see