Can only reliably charge when the Laptop is off.

Rowdain

Estimable
Dec 20, 2014
Laptop: ASUS Q550LF

I recently got this laptop just as a small gift to myself because I plan to go back to school soon, and it's a great laptop but one problem is plaguing me. I'm not sure of when it first started but this laptop can't charge while it's on, I mean it works occasionally but most of the time it shows itself sporadically going from on charger to on battery. So I did some tests, it's not the charger or the port because it only does this while the computer is running.

I looked at all of my settings for battery a hundred times over and also scoured the internet to try to find those with a similar issue to see if they resolved it with no luck so far..

I hope someone can assist me and look forward to your responses.

Solution
Could be that your AC charger is dying, and is no longer able to output as strong as it should.
This would cause the power drain of the active laptop to sporadically be more than that the AC adapter can provide.

azathoth

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2011
Could be that your AC charger is dying, and is no longer able to output as strong as it should.
This would cause the power drain of the active laptop to sporadically be more than that the AC adapter can provide.

Solution