Can someone help me connect my cable box, Bose lifestyle 35 and new Samsung SUHDTV? I have tried every configuration that I c

flavorqueen

Estimable
Dec 4, 2015
No sound from Bose Lifestyle 35 since buying a new TV. How do I connect my cable box, Bose system and tv to get sound?

Solution
Connect Audio Out of your cable box to Bose' Input. Connect Video Out (probably, HDMI) to your TV. Turn TV volume down to zero and leave it as that.
If your cable box does not have separate Audio Out, you would need "HDMI Audio Extractor" - a box with two HDMI connectors, and an optical out port. Plug it between cable box and TV, and plug TosLink optical cable to the Bose.
Connect Audio Out of your cable box to Bose' Input. Connect Video Out (probably, HDMI) to your TV. Turn TV volume down to zero and leave it as that.
If your cable box does not have separate Audio Out, you would need "HDMI Audio Extractor" - a box with two HDMI connectors, and an optical out port. Plug it between cable box and TV, and plug TosLink optical cable to the Bose.

Solution

joyfullnegra

Prominent
Dec 20, 2017
I am so glad your helping me..I'm doing connections with some bose speakers from 2009 and the t.v. is samsung 2017 hdtv 4 k. So the bose speakers only have the red and white cables no tosllink. And Thanks for your replies