Can the MSI GT83VR 6RF TITAN SLI reach 144hz refresh rate and use G-Sync feature with an external monitor?

Kevin_202

Commendable
Oct 4, 2016
Hello everyone, I am looking for a new gaming laptop
I have my eyes on the MSI GT83VR 6RF TITAN SLI, which has two GTX1080.
I still likes to use external monitor while gaming, I want to experience 120hz or 144hz refresh rate and the G-Sync feature. Would this laptop be able to these using an external monitors? My target resolution is 1440P
If this laptop cannot do these, are there other gaming laptops that can reach 120hz or 144hz refresh rate and the G-Sync feature using an external monitor?
image.png

image.png

King Dranzer

Estimable
Aug 16, 2016
MERGED QUESTION
Question from Kevin_202 : "Can the MSI GT83VR 6RF TITAN SLI reach 144hz refresh rate and use G-Sync feature with an external monitor?"

Get this with Watercooling it shows hell to any game thrown at it. It also has high quality compared to MSI. Not like I hate MSI but their plastic body makes the laptop feel cheep. ASUS comes with meta body and frame. More importantly that crazy water-cooling will get CPU to 4.2GHz and 2GHz on GTX1080 GPUs there will be a good performance difference in them but it all depends on what you wanna get.

Differences. MSI comes with 1080p display. ASUS comes with 4K display. Screen size is same on both. MSI comes with air cooling. ASUS comes with air cooling as well as crazy water cooling ability. Both come with DDR4 64GB but MSI with 2400MHz and ASUS 2400MHz(OC2800MHz). Rest is almost same. The only + point MSI has is that it has bit better keyboard(both ASUS and MSI comes with mechanical keyboard). Thats it. Even ASUS beats MSI to quality. Performance difference yes there is good performance difference when ASUS is docked with water cooling. GTX1080 can be overclocked to 2GHz and i7-6820HK can be overclocked to 4.2GHz and RAM to 2800MHz. Yes there will be big difference in performance.

The price ASUS is higher I think a $1000 more. Would recommend you to wait and get it. It is crazy.

Here is the link: ROG GX800VH

Kevin_202

Commendable
Oct 4, 2016

I have this one in mind too! But I just don't know when will they release it

Andili

Prominent
Mar 13, 2017

Well no, MSI actually beats the Asus in every category and blows it out of the water when it comes to benchmark testing it out performed the Asus in eveything.
The only downside on the MSI is the fan noise but when using proper gaming headphones you cannot hear anything.
also the temp reading were lower than the Asus temps and you can upgrade the hardware.

I used to only buy Asus until i bought my first MSI and that was it for me.

Also I own the latest and highest config. GT83 VR it is an abolute beast of a Laptop.