Solved! Can these laptops run the Sims 4 smoothly?

FYAE99

Commendable
Feb 4, 2017
Hi,

I'm currently deciding which of two laptops to buy. I have a maximum budget of £600 (even then that's a push but I've accepted I need to spend this to get what I want).

I really want the Sims 4 to just run smooth with no lags - I've only ever brought low range laptops like HP pavilion or Dell Inspiron for like £350 with integrated graphics!

Both laptops below are Windows 10.

The first choice is the HP 17-x062sa with 17.3" HD screen. (Currently £599)

(Overview specs: Intel Core i5-6200U Processor, RAM 8gb, Storage 1TB HDD, and Graphics Card AMD Radeon R7 M440)

The second choice, though has currently been out of stock for ages so may not actually be a choice, is the Lenovo Ideapad 510 15.6" screen. (This was £499! Now gone up to £649!)

Specs are the same as HP above but with Nvidia GeForce 940 MX graphics card as opposed to the AMD card.

As I said the Lenovo as been out of stock for absolutely ages so may not be an option but would anyone be so kind to suggest if the two graphic cards are similar to each other and also if either or both of these laptops should run Sims smoothly?

Any other suggestions around £600 or under are of course welcome and appreciated too!

Thank you so so much in advance!

FYAE99

Commendable
Feb 4, 2017

Thanks for getting back to me. So the AMD graphics card is as good as the Nvidia one? I'm a bit of novice.

FYAE99

Commendable
Feb 4, 2017
Ok, but either laptop should run the sims 4 easily? The AMD one is still good enough and can run smooth and no lag? I ask as the Lenovo may not be possibly to get hold off!

Thanks for all your help!

FYAE99

Commendable
Feb 4, 2017
MERGED QUESTION
Question from FYAE99 : "Which Laptop for Sims 4 - Help!"

Please me guys!

I'm stuck between 2 laptops to buy to run the Sims 4.

The first is the HP 17-x062sa with 17.3" screen, i5 processor and AMD Radeon R7 M440 (£599)

The other is the Dell Inspiron 15 5000 with 15.6" screen, i7 processor and AMD Radeon R7 M445 (£630)

I know that the i7 processor is going to be the quicker over the two but my question is really how much quicker? I ask because I LOVE the 17.3" screen of the HP and if the speed difference isn't THAT much I will go with that but if the Dell with the i7 is ALOT better, then I'll go with that.

I've only ever had £350 average laptops before with integrated graphics so I'm sure anything is a step up.

Can someone please tell me if these will both run smooth, if the Dell will only be marginally better that I'll notice or if it's considerably better?

Thank you in advance!