Can we expand Zone 2 using external wireless speaker?

VirginiaM

Commendable
Apr 7, 2016
Hi,
We bought a house that has internal speakers, not the best, but nice.
Zone 1 is in the Family room.
Zone 2 is the speaker in the MBR, Living room, and one part of the back yard. When we have parties the music can only be heard on one side of the backyard, even cranked up. My question is: I'd rather not have holes put in the wall to install another speaker to the system, can I pair a wireless speaker to Zone 2 of my system (Denon Receiver) and have music from what ever source I'm using (air play, CD's, radio, Streaming, etc.) play on the wired and wireless speakers?

Thanks!

Virginia

Solution
If your Denon receiver has a zone 2 line level output you can connect a transmitter there for the wireless speaker and it would play the same source. You may have a problem because that speaker might have a time delay compared to the wired speakers causing an echo effect if you can hear both from one location.
A custom installer could run an additional speaker cable for you neatly and set up the system for the additional speaker or speakers.
If your Denon receiver has a zone 2 line level output you can connect a transmitter there for the wireless speaker and it would play the same source. You may have a problem because that speaker might have a time delay compared to the wired speakers causing an echo effect if you can hear both from one location.
A custom installer could run an additional speaker cable for you neatly and set up the system for the additional speaker or speakers.

Solution