Solved! Adding Wireless Speakers to Wired Home Audio System

Oct 16, 2020
I have a Sony receiver/amp connect to four outdoor wired speakers. My spouse would like to add speakers inside the house (kitchen, den, etc) so that the music can play simultaneously throughout I have a bluetooth receiver connected to the amp so we can stream from our phones). What is going to be my best option to add wireless speakers to this system so that it will play and be in sync with the wired speakers? Should I invest the $$$ in a Sonos Amp or Port, or is there a less expensive option?

Solution
You are correct that you would have sync problems when you wanted to use the outdoor and indoor speakers at the same time.
To get around that you could connect a Sonos Port, Denon HeoLink, or BluOS Node 2i steamer to your receiver as a source for the outdoor speakers.
Then you could add Sonos, Denon or BluOS speakers for the indoor spaces and create a group so they would all be in sync. You could add them over time to make the price easier to handle. You would start with one speaker per room and add the second speaker for stereo later.
You would control the volume of all the outdoor speakers independently of the indoor speakers. Each of the indoor speakers would also have their own volume control. You could also play different content...
You are correct that you would have sync problems when you wanted to use the outdoor and indoor speakers at the same time.
To get around that you could connect a Sonos Port, Denon HeoLink, or BluOS Node 2i steamer to your receiver as a source for the outdoor speakers.
Then you could add Sonos, Denon or BluOS speakers for the indoor spaces and create a group so they would all be in sync. You could add them over time to make the price easier to handle. You would start with one speaker per room and add the second speaker for stereo later.
You would control the volume of all the outdoor speakers independently of the indoor speakers. Each of the indoor speakers would also have their own volume control. You could also play different content outside and inside or even for each indoor speaker.

Reactions: trbbhm
Solution
Oct 16, 2020
You would control the volume of all the outdoor speakers independently of the indoor speakers. Each of the indoor speakers would also have their own volume control. You could also play different content outside and inside or even for each indoor speaker.

Thanks! After speaking with a friend this weekend who is also an audio tech, I decided to go with the Sonos Port and a Sonos One SL.