Can you change the logitech subwoofer with a different one

Jason Kandola

Estimable
Aug 5, 2015
Silly question, is it possible to change the logitech subwoofer with another brand like a more powerful one because my sub is giving me problems my current speakers are the Logitech z623

Solution

It's not the magnet in this case so much, as it's the actual speaker diameter.
If you try to put a 10" speaker in a 7" hole, a fair amount of the speaker will stick out forward of the hole. It's not designed to be floating around in free air like that, and you'll lose a lot of the performance. It's not worth trying to adapt. A 7" should be cheaper anyways..just keep it in spec for wattage and ohms

dudio

Admirable
If you're talking the actual subwoofer driver itself, yes you could. To swap the whole subwoofer unit itself, not really, as it has the amplifier and connections for the whole system.
You can open the sub and hopefully get specs of a label on the magnet, but basically you're just concerned with size in inches, impedence (ohm rating), and peak wattage capability. There is the possibilty tho that it's not the actual speaker, but the amp portion that drives it that has failed on your unit.

dudio

Admirable
Subwoofer specs:

Subwoofer

Subwoofer: 130 W
Height x Width x Depth:
284 mm x 305 mm x 266 mm
Weight: 7000 g

So.. 12" sub that can handle 130 watts peak.
Make sure the magnet is not too deep or wide for the enclosure.
If you're going to go to that 10" sub, the 4 ohm resistance might be an issue for the amplifier if it's only meant for 8 ohm.
The other issue would be how to seal that gap between the smaller sub and 12" cutout. If it's not well enclosed, the speaker will lose effective power just farting in the wind.

dudio

Admirable

It's not the magnet in this case so much, as it's the actual speaker diameter.
If you try to put a 10" speaker in a 7" hole, a fair amount of the speaker will stick out forward of the hole. It's not designed to be floating around in free air like that, and you'll lose a lot of the performance. It's not worth trying to adapt. A 7" should be cheaper anyways..just keep it in spec for wattage and ohms

Solution