Canada Post Puts the BlackBerry On a Stamp

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Anyone else think its kind of sad that in a stamp collection for Canadian innovations they put in an electric oven, an electric wheelchair, and a blackberry. Don't they have anything else that was life saving and far reaching like the Pacemaker?

K-zon

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2010
So on some ideas probably for some posts offices maybe, out of 4.5million of them, you might only get 2? Well, 4 would seem more reasonable at times though too, but still be lefting with just 2 probably doesn't unfind its interest?

ZaKa

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2008
Anyone else think its kind of sad that in a stamp collection for Canadian innovations they put in an electric oven, an electric wheelchair, and a blackberry. Don't they have anything else that was life saving and far reaching like the Pacemaker?

Canada invented Insulin, a life-saving treatment for Diabetes - but these stamps look technology-related. I am surprised to see that the telephone has been omitted, but I believe these stamps are part of a larger collection and/or those inventions have already been put on stamps.

captaincharisma

Distinguished
[citation][nom]otacon72[/nom]HAHA knew I'd be thumbed down by an Android funboy.[/citation]

it could have been one of the apple sheep too. never did own a blackberry so can't say if it is better or not than the android OS

scuba dave

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2009
[citation][nom]captaincharisma[/nom]it could have been one of the apple sheep too. never did own a blackberry so can't say if it is better or not than the android OS[/citation]

An apple "sheep" wouldn't have thumbed him down, as the apple crowd really doesn't care about the RIM peoples.. Then again it's not the droid platform we despise either(although an anti-droid statement is good for the "lulz").. It's a good chunk of the android people we encounter. :( So arrogant and rude sometimes(which is funny when you consider that they say the same about us.. Seems like a usa/china type misunderstanding to me..)

:(

Topic wise.. Pretty neat.. Would have been cooler back in the day when the average consumer sent mail more regularly.. I don't think I've honestly seen a stamp in years.. I always just hit up fedex whenever I need something sent.. :/

hellswaters

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2009
[citation][nom]bbfknight[/nom]i feel so embarrassed!!! I would rather have all the american debt then that stupid device on our stamp[/citation]

Oh, so you would rather have so much debt, you wouldn't know what a smartphone is?

joebob2000

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2006
Uber irony points for a stamp honoring the device that is basically killing the postal system (as an extension of the PC). That's like KFC selling a steamed chicken filet on a whole wheat bun with no dressing... "Come to the home of the 750 calorie chicken wing to pick up a 100 calorie sandwich!"

bbfknight

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2011
[citation][nom]joebob2000[/nom]Uber irony points for a stamp honoring the device that is basically killing the postal system (as an extension of the PC). That's like KFC selling a steamed chicken filet on a whole wheat bun with no dressing... "Come to the home of the 750 calorie chicken wing to pick up a 100 calorie sandwich!"[/citation]

BB is done in 2 years....
we are linking our country to a company that is going to be gone... wonderful...

Status
Not open for further replies.