Canadian Government Attacked by Hackers

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I don't think you realize how serious this is guys, The defense department might have been hacked as well. It has a lot of US and NATO secrets that China is desperate for. For its ties to other countries Canada has always been a prime target for espionage.

nikorr

Distinguished
[citation][nom]iNiNe5[/nom]"Posing as the executives, the hackers then sent out emails to technical staff from the departments and tricked them into releasing key passwords...."well rule #1 is to never give out passwords when asked.... all other rules are secondary. an executive should never email you asking for a PW anyways if they are abiding by security regulations... unless of course there weren't any rules.[/citation]

All true

G

" the Finance Department and Treasury Board were the main victims of the attack."

... Money, Money, Money!

. glad it didn't read: "Canada customs and revenue agency" , already had my Social Security Number stolen by bikers from detroit working janitorial in windsor. Dirty Ynakees stole my Health Card Number too for free Health Care, both were caught and currently in jail, but i kinda wish the rest of the planet would give it a rest already.... how many billions of dollars has ontario alone exported to isreal just in OHIP abuse and fraud?!?!??

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS