I have a Dell Latitude E6520 laptop, to which I am trying to use a Samsung S22C200 external monitor. The laptop cannot detect the monitor at all. I have tried Fn + F8 to no avail. I have updated the drivers(this is a recently re-imaged box), checked the monitor against another computer(it works), tried different cables(these are all good), and even plugged the computer into a docking station and plugged the monitor into that. Nothing seems to work. It's like the computer is blocking the connection, but there is nothing in Event Viewer that mentions the monitor. Any suggestions?
Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help.
- First, press the Windows key + P at the same time and select between Duplicate or Extended display then press Enter.
- If it will not work, uninstall/reinstall the graphics card driver.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall the Nvidia graphics driver.
- Next is to open Programs and Features then uninstall anything related to Nvidia.
- Once uninstalled, download and install the latest driver.
- Here's the link: http/www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx
- Reboot the laptop once the latest driver has been installed.
- After the reboot do try pressing the Windows key + P at the same time and select Duplicate or Extended display then press Enter,
- If all these will not work I would suggest trying a different cable or monitor first.
Windows +P did not work. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the driver without it working. In the Uninstall panel, NVidia is not listed. I have downloaded the Nvidia graphics driver, but I was unable to install it. If I remember correctly the parameters were not correct to install it. I have another computer with an Intel HD 4600 driver that works fine for the external monitor. I have downloaded this driver, but apparently my computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software. Any other suggestions? There is not a lot that I can do to upgrade this image.