Cannot load software program

Jun 7, 2019
Trying to load program from disc and get "The file name, directory name, or volume name is incorrect".

Saw a few suggestions: copy/paste to new directory, (tried, did same thing), odd characters in name, (none seen).

When looking at directory via explorer:

Adobe Acrobat Document (4 different languages) - these open fine
Application (3) - autorun, netcopy & setup - all exe files (tried all 3 and get same error message)
Configuration Settings - (3) dependency, desktop, setup - all ini files
File Folder (7)
MSI File (9)
Rich Text Format (9)
Setup Information (1) - Text Document (autorun.inf) Open this and note opens : 7 sections and last one says -
[Ctrl]
CmdLine=/l*v "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\WPX8log.txt"
CmdLine64=/l*v "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\WPX864log.txt"

I am a novice as you can probably tell. My biggest problem, company no longer produces/supports program and it's the only web sign software that I have found that allows me to link MS Excel data directly to webpage.

Any help will be appreciated

Jun 7, 2019
OK - intially tried to install on desktop running Vista. Took your suggestion and tried on Laptop running Win7 and it works.
Package says it supports Vista but I have no luck.
Thanks for the quick reply.

OK - intially tried to install on desktop running Vista. Took your suggestion and tried on Laptop running Win7 and it works.
Package says it supports Vista but I have no luck.
Thanks for the quick reply.

Make an ISO of that disk on the computer that it worked on. Install a virtual disk program (I use virtual clone drive) on the Vista system, then mount that ISO on that system. It will act like a normal disk drive. See if it will install from there.