cannot see icons on second monitor

Yats1313

Commendable
Oct 31, 2016
Hi,
I have Windows 10 on my PC. Till yesterday, whenever I turned my PC, "ON", I used to get the desktop Icons on it as well as on my secondary monitor (TV) (connected via USB to HDMI cable).

Suddenly today, after switching the PC, "ON", the desktop and the icons on the PC were wide and the icons were bigger in size too, while the secondary monitor had only the desktop background on the screen.

The screen resolutions are okay, the "Settings", has "Extend these displays", as selected ( the only options I have there are, "Extend these displays", "Show only on 1" & "Show only on 2"), my PC is marked as "Make this my main display", The Orientation is on "Landscape".

I have visited various forums and checked on their discussions. Most of them mention about moving the icons from primary to secondary. I do not wish to do that. Instead, I would like to go back to my initial arrangement of having the icons displayed on both the monitors at the same time, whenever my PC was switched "ON". Someone has also provided a link, on one of the forums, to Microsoft website to resolve the issue, but that hasn't worked either.

I would appreciate if anyone would be of assistance in this matter.
Thanks for your assistance.

Yats1313

Commendable
Oct 31, 2016

Hi Webworkings,
Thanks for your feedback.
In the display settings, under "Customize your display", the only options available are, "Extend these displays", "Show only on 1" & "Show only on 2". There is no "Duplicate", option available.

If I select either one of the "Show only..." option, the other screen goes totally blank.

Yats1313

Commendable
Oct 31, 2016