Cannot use fresh copy of software after uninstalling it

Status
Not open for further replies.

kep55

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium. I previously downloaded some "free" software to record some audio web streams. I then deleted the software. I need to again record some audioweb streams so I decided to use the same software as before - NCH Soundtap. Now the problem. It seems Soundtap is NOT free, but only a fourteen day trial. Even tho' I unstalled it and ran CCleaner, Norton, and Advanced Uninstaller Pro, Soundtap still throws up a message the trial period has expired. (See, now you know why I put the word "free" in quotes. Nowhere does their web site say it was only a 14 day trial.) Since I use this software once in blue moon, and it's the only streaming recorder I've found that ignores or disables my laptops built in microphone (yes, I tried Audacity, but it grabs from the built in mike as well as from the sound chip), and it's the only one I've found that correctly identifies dead air as time to stop recording, I'd really like to use it again. So where does NCH hide the installation info? I couldn't find anything in the registry, appdata, program files, or other places.
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.