Canon 80D vs Sony a6300 or others under $1200

papi1248

Commendable
Jun 26, 2016
Hi, I am a really beginner in photography. I take pics here and there with my galaxy s8 and some images are really beautiful with hdr. So I want to get into photography. I am IT industry so I know more about computers and networking than photography. But I do want to get into photography as a hobby. I am also going to bangladesh to visit in a few days, so I want to get a camera before then and while the sales of black Friday are still there. My budget is around $1000 and at most $1200 I can go up to if needed. My friend recommended me to get the Sony a6300 but it's hard to choose between that and the Canon 80d. I looked at the other cameras a bit but as I researched I have found these two cameras pop up a lot. I like doing landscape shots, and small object/flower shots and even animals soemtimes and portrait as well. Also I do a bit YouTube videos like instructional IT or gaming related videos, it's not too big but I would like a camera that does have video functionality tahts better than my phone. But photography is my most important thing. So what camera+lenses do you recommend I get.

cin19

Distinguished
I am also going to bangladesh to visit in a few days, so I want to get a camera before then and while the sales of black Friday are still there. My budget is around $1000 and at most $1200 I can go up to if needed.
When you read this I think you may buy the camera already.

For you budget, get the canon 80D, because the mirrorless system lenses are more expensive.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Tim Weiss Digital Cameras 3
L Digital Cameras 1
L Digital Cameras 0
Bdubb11 Digital Cameras 1
H Digital Cameras 1
H Digital Cameras 1
D Digital Cameras 2
E Digital Cameras 0
D Digital Cameras 0
H Digital Cameras 1
S Digital Cameras 1