Solved! Canon EOS 5Ds - Why is my video and audio being recorded at a slower speed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 22, 2021
Me and my team produce music videos for a professional organization. We capture audio in our recording studio using separate microphones and then layer the video on top of the recorded audio in Final Cut. Recently, we've encountered a problem with our camera where the captured audio and video playback on the camera itself (as well as transferred files in Final Cut) is roughly 4.5% slower than in reality. Does anyone know if there's a fix in the camera's settings somewhere? Or is it a hardware issue?

Solution
Not all micro SD are created equally. Some are faster than others. Check the firmware for sure..

Are you using FC (or some other app) to synch the various audio sources? Seems, even with the delay, you would be able to synch the sources, independently and still be okay. Then, synch with the video.

Camera audio is often sub-par unless using external mics with the camera as well. If using external sources, you might consider not using the camera audio.
Mar 22, 2021
This worked correctly "before"? Seems there are lots of similar reports on other sites much like you are reporting here.

Is the firmware on your Canon up to date? Also, what storage media are you recording to?

As far as I'm aware this was an out of the box issue. We'll look into the firmware and updating it. Regarding the storage question, we use Micro SD.

That's interesting there are other complaints about this problem. Hopefully the firmware update is the solution. Thank you for the reply!

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Not all micro SD are created equally. Some are faster than others. Check the firmware for sure..

Are you using FC (or some other app) to synch the various audio sources? Seems, even with the delay, you would be able to synch the sources, independently and still be okay. Then, synch with the video.

Camera audio is often sub-par unless using external mics with the camera as well. If using external sources, you might consider not using the camera audio.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.