Canon Vixia R600 - Low Quality

madasi

Estimable
Jan 19, 2016
Hi Everyone,

I bought the Canon Vixia R600 camcorder for a little studio i'm creating. I had high expectations about this camcorder, but i'm feeling a little disappointed. The recordings are in low quality, poor colors and the video is grainy, even in 1080P. I don't know how to explain technically, so I'm attaching a picture below so you guys can see better what I'm explaining.

Thank you in advance.

bx_ql.png

Solution

The only problem here is that you don't understand cameras enough. The video is perfectly fine for something taken in a normal bedroom. Just learn a bit more about videography and you'll realize that your pixel peeping is getting in the way of you actually doing what you want to do.

madasi

Estimable
Jan 19, 2016

I thought this camcorder would have a great quality even with low light. Do you think this is the only problem, or it could be other reasons? (maybe the SD? It would be a cause?) Thanks.

The only problem here is that you don't understand cameras enough. The video is perfectly fine for something taken in a normal bedroom. Just learn a bit more about videography and you'll realize that your pixel peeping is getting in the way of you actually doing what you want to do.

Solution

madasi

Estimable
Jan 19, 2016

Sorry about that. Thank you for your help.