Can't decide which wifi driver is for my laptop

the_metal

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2009
I have HP Pavilion g6-2001se Notebook PC. I've made a clean windows installation today and after visiting HP support website, I was shocked to see that my laptop has many different wifi drivers. So how am I supposed to know which wifi adapter brand is inside my laptop. Here are the different wifi drivers on the same page for my laptop:
1- Atheros Wireless LAN Driver
2- Broadcom Wireless LAN Driver
3- Intel Wireless Drivers
4- Ralink 802.11 b/g/n WiFi Adapter
Here is the drivers website : http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-Pavilion-g6-Notebook-PC-series/5226244/model/5251276

I really respect desktop hardware because it's very much clear about specs and drivers aren't a mess like laptops.
Anyway thanks for any help.

Solution

How'd it go?

Polar Trap

Commendable
Nov 10, 2016
You're best shot right now is to download the Intel Wireless Drivers. I'm imagining you already have wifi if you're on the HP Support website?.. If you do, you don't really need the drivers.

the_metal

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2009

Thanks for replying. I'm using my desktop to access the internet, I'll try intel drivers and I hope that the laptop could connect to the internet again using wifi.

the_metal

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2009
Thanks everyone for your replies. I've included the model in my original post "reedo_43". I've figured it out. I entered device manager then other devices then Network controller properties. Under details tap, I choose Hardware Ids and it displayed the following "ven_14e4&dev_4727&subsys_1795103c". After searching on google, it seems that the wifi adapter is a Broadcom model. I'm downloading it right now and I hope it works.

Polar Trap

Commendable
Nov 10, 2016

How'd it go?

Solution