Cant fig ure outhe password

Status
Not open for further replies.

julie_gilliland

Honorable
Feb 9, 2013
Hello,
i got a laptop from a friend that is locked up, it is asking for a passwod and my friend does not remember. I can only go into bios menu.

Solution
Well at least it doesn't have a BIOS password. If it did then the laptop might as well be dead and totally useless.

The only thing you can do (unless your friend remembers the password) is to reinstall Windows. Doing so will basically format the C: Drive so any important data would be erased. If it has a D: Drive, then the data there will be safe.

Consult the manual to determine how to reinstall the operating system. Hopefully your friend still has the manual. Other search online to find out how to do it for that laptop model.
Well at least it doesn't have a BIOS password. If it did then the laptop might as well be dead and totally useless.

The only thing you can do (unless your friend remembers the password) is to reinstall Windows. Doing so will basically format the C: Drive so any important data would be erased. If it has a D: Drive, then the data there will be safe.

Consult the manual to determine how to reinstall the operating system. Hopefully your friend still has the manual. Other search online to find out how to do it for that laptop model.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.