cant find any soun cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

crinkle1question

Honorable
Sep 30, 2012
my Asus g75vw's sound card recently broke. the ring around the hole you put the jack in has a crack in it... i know it sounds... Anyway, when i put the jack in i have to fiddle it around to get a good sound. I took it to a man who said i need a new sound card. This is where i have a problem. I cant find any computer sound cards! D: . Does any one know where i can find one?

Onus

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2006
You've not provided us with enough information. Web sites like www.newegg.com have lots of sound cards, but that only helps if you can order from Newegg. Where are you located?
What expansion slots are available to you on your motherboard? You'll need to get a sound card with a matching interface, generally either PCI or PCI Express. USB Sound "Cards" (typically dongles) are also available. What kind of quality do you need? What is your budget?

crinkle1question

Honorable
Sep 30, 2012

I don't know a hole lot about sound cards or what motherboard i have. i do know i live in the uk, and i have an asus g75vw laptop, i think that all the sound card has is two holes, one for mic and another for sound. I dont need incredible
sound just something for me to play games with. If not internal then i don't mind external. My budget would be around 100 pound, maybe a bit over

clarkjd

Distinguished
Since it is a laptop, you might have to go to ASUS to get an internal sound card. It may even be integrated on the motherboard, and therefore not replaceable. If so, your best bet may be an external USB type sound card, but it won't work with the speakers internal to your laptop, only headphones.

Onus

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2006
Ok, if you have a laptop, you'll need to get a USB "sound card" (actually a dongle, not a card). You'll probably need to remove your motherboard's sound drivers before you install it, then just install the new drivers. I don't know the UK shopping sites all that well, but scan.co.uk I believe is one. I would think you could find something for a lot less than 100 pounds, especially since you're not looking for pro-level sound.

Status
Not open for further replies.