Can't find Webcam

Tininits

Commendable
Apr 26, 2016
hi! my laptop DELL e5440 is not detecting its webcam. i can't even find it on the device manager. my children used it before. please help. thanks.

Solution
Your best bet is to go to the webcam manufacturer's website and down load the drivers.

However, if the webcam is not even appearing in Device Manager you could go to Dell's website and see if: 1) you can identify the camera, and 2) if Dell has drivers available for the camera. Use your laptop model to see if that leads you to the appropriate drivers.

Maybe a chat with a Dell support person or an email to technical suport will help identify the necessary driver and, more importantly, a download source.

Also be very wary of any websites claiming they can fix the problem - they are likely to pop up no matter what problem you are trying to resolve.

Children have an absolutely amazing ability to find keyboard key press combinations that can wreak havoc on a system.

I think I would download and reinstall the webcam drivers - sort of a "do over" approach.

Failing any success with that check the Event Viewer logs for errors/problems around the time that the webcam "dissapeared".

Could be, just coincidentally, that the camera has failed or otherwise lost function. E.g., some loose internal connection.....

Your best bet is to go to the webcam manufacturer's website and down load the drivers.

However, if the webcam is not even appearing in Device Manager you could go to Dell's website and see if: 1) you can identify the camera, and 2) if Dell has drivers available for the camera. Use your laptop model to see if that leads you to the appropriate drivers.

Maybe a chat with a Dell support person or an email to technical suport will help identify the necessary driver and, more importantly, a download source.

Also be very wary of any websites claiming they can fix the problem - they are likely to pop up no matter what problem you are trying to resolve.

Solution

Tininits

Commendable
Apr 26, 2016