Can't get downloaded audio files to play

Jul 30, 2018
I've been trying to burn downloaded audio files (from a legit source) to a cd to play on a new Onkyo player. The Onkyo can read/play other burned cds fine. No matter what I try, the player will not read the burned disk. I've done direct burn of downloaded VBR MP3 files, FLAC files converted to MP3, burned to CD-R or DVD+R with different burn utilities. In all cases the Onkyo will not read the burned disk, even though the computer sees the files on the disk fine. Any ideas? BTW, I can't stream from my computer b/c al the rest of my audio gear is too old!

Solution
Your CD player doesn't seem to play data discs. Regular CDs are not just the files. You need make a CD. That creates a table of contents.
Since every PC has an analog stereo audio output you can always connect it to any stereo with a line level RCA input.
If you want to do without wires you can connect a bluetooth receiver to the stereo. You can use a Sonos Connect or Denon HeosLink to stream over WIFI to the stereo. More expensive but a lot more functionality and ease of use.
Your CD player doesn't seem to play data discs. Regular CDs are not just the files. You need make a CD. That creates a table of contents.
Since every PC has an analog stereo audio output you can always connect it to any stereo with a line level RCA input.
If you want to do without wires you can connect a bluetooth receiver to the stereo. You can use a Sonos Connect or Denon HeosLink to stream over WIFI to the stereo. More expensive but a lot more functionality and ease of use.

Solution