Solved! Can't hear my right side of earbud on my pc

Jan 2, 2019
I took a small thirty minute break from my computer but had my earbuds plugged in, which were working just fine until I got back. My right earbud has absolutely no sound, which is really weird considering I use that pair all the time.

I tried looking online and tried troubleshooting and balancing the sound on my Windows 10, but neither of these things worked. I would say it's my earbuds except for the fact that I tried them on two different devices and I was able to hear from the right side. The right side was a bit quieter but definitely had sound.

Even weirder was the fact that when I borrowed someone's cheap earbuds into my laptop they worked just fine on both sides. I don't feel like it's the earbuds but I don't necessarily feel like it's the computer either. I really don't know what else to do and I'm not a tech person if anyone could help I'd greatly appreciate it.

EDIT: I actually tested it out later on another computer (MacBook) and the right ear still doesn't work. Yet it's working on phones/tablets which is odd.

Solution
Happens to me sometimes too, usually the cause is that it came unplugged the slightest amount and the full connection isn't being made. Make sure the earbuds are plugged in fully. Some are way easier to plug in then others. My iphone earbuds i have to push pretty hard to get the damn things in :D

Tumeden

Commendable
Oct 15, 2016
Happens to me sometimes too, usually the cause is that it came unplugged the slightest amount and the full connection isn't being made. Make sure the earbuds are plugged in fully. Some are way easier to plug in then others. My iphone earbuds i have to push pretty hard to get the damn things in :D

Solution
Jan 2, 2019

I definitely made sure they were plugged in fully, still didn't make a difference. I actually tested it out later on another computer (macbook) and the right ear still doesn't work. Yet it's working on phones/tablets which is odd.