Can't hear tv through home theater

debbielamsam

Prominent
Oct 6, 2017
Hi all
I have a panasonic sa-ht895 home theater and a panasonic 50a340z tv. I can hear sound when I play a DVD but cannot hear anything if I switch to the TV. I've connected a hdmi from tv hdMI 2 (arc) to the home theater hdmi. Any suggestions on what I could be doing wrong. Thanks

Solution
If you turned ARC on in the TV menu as per the manual I will guess that the HTS doesn't have ARC. I didn't find any mention of it in the HTS manual.
You will need to use an additional cable from the TV to the HTS TV audio in terminals. This is an analog audio so if the TV has analog audio or headphone jacks use them. If it only has digital audio out then you will need a digital to analog converter. Check the TV manual on how to use the audio output. It may need to be turned on, the TV speakers turned off, and the audio type changed to get it working.
If you turned ARC on in the TV menu as per the manual I will guess that the HTS doesn't have ARC. I didn't find any mention of it in the HTS manual.
You will need to use an additional cable from the TV to the HTS TV audio in terminals. This is an analog audio so if the TV has analog audio or headphone jacks use them. If it only has digital audio out then you will need a digital to analog converter. Check the TV manual on how to use the audio output. It may need to be turned on, the TV speakers turned off, and the audio type changed to get it working.

Solution

debbielamsam

Prominent
Oct 6, 2017
Thanks for that I'll give that a go, but before I do just one more question...both the tv and HTS have the digital optical thingy would that work if I connect to that or will I still need other connections. Thanks again