Can't install audio driver

nytz

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2008
Hey, everytime i try to install the Realtek audio driver i get an error, i don't have any volume control on my taskbar. I can get sound when using a USB headset but not with my speakers and i don't have mixer either.

I'm using a Gigabyte GA-MA69MG-S2H motherboard with built in soundcard. Under Device Control i can see a audio driver called "High Defenition Audio-bus" with a yellow "!" next to it. i can't update it and when i try to remove it says that it can't be deletede because it's maybe needed to start up the system. I've tryed countless of drivers but cant seem to get them to work either..

Sorry for bad english but i really need help

computabug

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2009
I've got the same problem... shucks to use XP. Wait, I mean it sucks that most well known games are written for Windows, which forces us to continue using windows...

Yea tomhardware users tend to read a lot and not reply much, it's weird, I know lol.

I just found this problem today, so I'm gonna try and install a bunch of drivers, and if they don't work, maybe a reformat would help :)

damian86

Distinguished
May 17, 2009
try log in in safe mode and then remove it from control panel-add remove programs.
if its not there then uninstall it from device manager.but make sure its uninstelled.
then when u log back on install the latest version from realtek site.
after u reboot check that u dont have selected the digital or analog mode,select the right one.thats all i can think of.