Can't install mouse pad drivers on my windows ten ASUS laptop?

theblackhandxix

Estimable
Sep 6, 2015
My mouse was acting slow and weird so I turn my laptop off and turned it back on. When I did that my mouse was completely gone. Looked in my device manager and the drivers was gone as well. This was when I was on windows 8. I did a factory reset 3-5 times but nothing. I thought if I upgraded to 10 it would work but nothing. I opened my laptop removed the mouse wires and put them back in but still nothing.

I went to my laptop manufacturer to download new driver but when I did I got an error message half way though installing. I call them and they couldn't help either. I did the fn-f9 thing nothing. I use a app on my phone for the mouse pad but it's painful slow. Can you help me this been a Month or two now. And I don't have the money to take it into a shop. Is there anyway to fix it beside buying a new mouse pad or sub mouse

Solution
Hi,

I'm afraid that your mouse pad needs a replacement already. Based from what you've said and tried with your laptop the only way to fix the issue now is to really replace it. For them mean time you just use and external mouse that should work with no problem.
Hi,

I'm afraid that your mouse pad needs a replacement already. Based from what you've said and tried with your laptop the only way to fix the issue now is to really replace it. For them mean time you just use and external mouse that should work with no problem.

Solution
I hate touchpads anyway, use a compact, external wireless mouse all the time on my laptop, even my wife prefers to use a regular mouse on her laptop too. Much quicker and more intuitive than a touchpad (especially when you've been used to using a mouse for 20 years like I have).