cant install newly released amd driver

Anders_4

Commendable
May 31, 2016
i cant install a new driver.

My laptop has an amd a10-5745m with integraded amd 8610g and amd 8670m discreet.

the problem is when i try to install a new driver from amd (crimson 16.xxx) it says that my 8610g is not supported by the driver and continuing the installation could create a problem.
im assuming that my 8670m is supported (which is should be because i know someone else is using the crismon 16.xxx but he is using an intel cpu)

i cant seem to install the driver because the 8610g gets in the way.
i tried to use my 8670m as primary gpu from bios but it doesnt work

so is there any way for me to install the new driver or is there any way to disable the apu graphic completely so that i can use my discreet graphic only.

im stuck with my current driver and i would like to know if disabling the apu and only use the discreet is possible.

thank you

hang-the-9

Titan

So you get the message that continuing the installation could create a problem, what happens when you continue? Laptop video cards are only supported by the laptop vendor, installing reference drivers from AMD or nVidia can cause issues in laptops. I'd just use whatever driver your laptop vendor has available.

Anders_4

Commendable
May 31, 2016

already did that, still whenever i try to install the driver, it says that my 8610g isnt supported and if i continuing the installation no driver actually installed. im so confused

hang-the-9

Titan

So you get the message that continuing the installation could create a problem, what happens when you continue? Laptop video cards are only supported by the laptop vendor, installing reference drivers from AMD or nVidia can cause issues in laptops. I'd just use whatever driver your laptop vendor has available.

Anders_4

Commendable
May 31, 2016

done that, no good :(

when i continue it doesnt install any driver and only installs the other things like gaming evolve.
yeah thinks thats it, was never meant to use the reference drivers :( thanks for the help

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
venkateshkumar R Laptop Tech Support 0
R Laptop Tech Support 0
S Laptop Tech Support 5
G Laptop Tech Support 0
Parasonixomen Laptop Tech Support 2
C Laptop Tech Support 0
B Laptop Tech Support 0
anujsingapore Laptop Tech Support 2
1slavicc Laptop Tech Support 2
K Laptop Tech Support 1
Shehryar123.K Laptop Tech Support 1