Cant setup 5.1 audio on PC

soldier5637

Honorable
May 7, 2013
Hey let me start by saying ive had this problem for probably 3 years. This 5.1 has been sitting in the corner as there seems to be no possible solution to this. I've got the Samsung HT-E550 5.1 system and a Gigabyte Gaming 7 Mobo with a sweet dedicated onboard audio package. I bought it thinking that it'd be fine to connect via Optical, but apparently optical cant carry a 5.1 signal. Please, please help. I really want to be able to enjoy this finally.

Solution
In some games, you have to go to the settings and select an audio option to get 5.1. There might be an option to boost the volume of the rear speakers if the sound is too quiet from where they are positioned.

soldier5637

Honorable
May 7, 2013
I think I've got it figured out. It was my own stupidity I believe. I'm watching The Man From UNCLE in MKV format with 6 possible channels and all speakers are firing. I'm in true surround sound. I guess I just expected more to be made for surround sound in honesty. I expected to be able to play battlefield and hear it in surround and when I didn't I thought it was broken. I guess the 3 other speakers get used pretty seldom outside of Blu rays.

schwatzz

Estimable
Jun 23, 2014
In some games, you have to go to the settings and select an audio option to get 5.1. There might be an option to boost the volume of the rear speakers if the sound is too quiet from where they are positioned.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS