Can't update Dell Latitude E6410 Core i7 Graphics adapter beyond the Intel HD Graphics

kolawolej

Prominent
Aug 22, 2017
I have this Dell Latitude E6410 Core i7 2.67Ghz running windows 10 64-bits with 6GB RAM.
By default, it had about 3GB Total Available Graphics Memory with 0 Dedicated Video Memory. Then I updated the Graphics Adapter Driver through Device Manager to Intel HD Graphics, only for the Total Available Graphics Memory to reduce to 1696 with a DVM of 64MB. I tried updating this further but DM keeps telling me my system is up to date. Can I not increase my Total Available Graphics Memory and DVM beyond these current 1696 and 64 respectively?

Solution

Laptops do have shared video settings in the BIOS, but maybe not your particular model. Yes your laptop will have video drivers from...
Your system will not run faster with more shared video memory, I would not worry about this change. The drivers you want to use are from the Dell support site for the video card. The shared video memory options should be in the BIOS, there should be several options to change there if you want to play around a bit in those options.

kolawolej

Prominent
Aug 22, 2017

Thanks Boss for taking the time. But please my system is a bit old and I don't know if such drivers will still be available, plus, it's a laptop--I checked all through the BIOS for these particular options but to no avail 'cos its a laptop. Any further help?

Laptops do have shared video settings in the BIOS, but maybe not your particular model. Yes your laptop will have video drivers from Dell. But like I said, I doubt that what you see actually affected anything. Did you run a test to see if there is a speed difference with how it used to run?

Solution