Car Amp + subwoofer for house party

Jozef_4

Prominent
Apr 16, 2017
I have a GT5-1204BP and GT5-A604 combo. I want to use these in an upcoming house-party. How easy is it for me to hook this up to a DJ controller/laptop and what would I need?

thanks

Solution
You would need a large 12v DC power supply to run the amplifier. Not cheap.
What were you doing to use for full range audio since that's only a subwoofer?
Your laptop would need to connect to an amp for all the speakers not just the subwoofer.
It's feasible that you could run the output of your laptop into the aux of a car head unit where the amp is located and run speaker wires into the house. The car would have to be running the whole time.
How do you plan to power this car stuff? If you dream of crashing the walls, it won't be that easy - you'll need truck-sized car battery, and it will probably last for couple of hours only. Charging car batteries at home is recipe for disaster if not done properly (and by disaster I mean 911 calls)

You would need a large 12v DC power supply to run the amplifier. Not cheap.
What were you doing to use for full range audio since that's only a subwoofer?
Your laptop would need to connect to an amp for all the speakers not just the subwoofer.
It's feasible that you could run the output of your laptop into the aux of a car head unit where the amp is located and run speaker wires into the house. The car would have to be running the whole time.

Solution