Car android unit screen flipped upside down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 7, 2018
Installed a android car stereo. It was working fine then the screen flipped upside down and I can get it to change back

May 10, 2018
Having the same Problem Upside down and mirrored (reverse) Android 7.1 . We tried reloading firmware, we tried rubbing , we tried factory reset and we tried panel reset.

USAFRet

Illustrious

Knowing the make and model number(s) involved might help someone to discover a "fix".
Without that, we're just shooting in the dark.

May 10, 2018

Hi, Thank you .........It is an Android 7.1.2 Made by a company called Klyde , the issue nI think is something in the Android settings. Its a firmware issue.......his rubbing (cleaning) of the screen prompted the flip .

I see it alot on many makes using many versions of Android .........

Cheers

USAFRet

Illustrious

So what you're saying is...Android OS is not the problem.
The firmware in the potentially crappy device is.

What does the user manual say?
What did the company say when you asked them?

USAFRet

Illustrious

Yes, there are a LOT of absolutely crappy car entertainment devices that run on Android as the OS.
Samsung and iPhone...not so much.

May 20, 2018

I had the same issue. It happened twice. First time I everything that you tried but none of that worked. I gave one more time reset with power disconnect and then connection power while holding the rest. The scre corrected itself.

The radio work fine for few days and then the screen inert again. I saw it as it happened and was not touching the screen. I tried the reset like before and this time did work. I think it was just coincidence earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.