Case Photos Point to iPhone 5 Redesign

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Seriously folks.....since when does a phone re-design warrant the utter hatred and disgust demonstrated in this thread? Do you feel better now?

Some of you need a nap becuase you are more than a little cranky......

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Okay folks....time to take a deep breath here and relax a bit. We are talking about a phone here, not anyone's lineage. What do you say we stick to facts and opinions and not name-calling and boorish behavior?

Still just a phone (I reiterate) and if you don't like Apple's goods, then stinkin' don't buy one. Is this too difficult a concept to grasp?

anacandor

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2008
[citation][nom]WhysoBluepandabear[/nom] We're talking about the likely specs of a device, that is marketed by a company that never uses the absolute best hardware, but instead the most profitable and proprietary pieces. [/citation]

Hurrrrrrrr.

anacandor

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2008
[citation][nom]COLGeek[/nom]Still just a phone (I reiterate) and if you don't like Apple's goods, then stinkin' don't buy one. Is this too difficult a concept to grasp?[/citation]
So true... My iPhone works perfectly, but i would never buy a Mac, i'm too attached to windows. Why do people have to stereotype? :|

tmshdw

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2011
[citation][nom]WhysoBluepandabear[/nom]And I didn't read the thesis above. Thought he should know that.[/citation]

Big surprise..... Comprehension is typicaly not a droid-head attribute.
You're too busy with the "blind rage" and envy stuff...

tmshdw

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2011
[citation][nom]captaincharisma[/nom]zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz[/citation]

That sounds'bout right for your education......

G

@tmshdw

lol, you dont by any chance have tiger blood what with all that winning your doing and all, lol

.....oh dear god i need to find myself a new forum for my tech fix

zybch

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2010
[citation][nom]Riv4L[/nom]So Tom's is another non-official Apple blog now?[/citation]
Has been for quite some time unfortunately.

G

Reasons for and against apple products.

For: Excellent UI, easy to use, streamlined content, excellent support/warranty. sanitised content.

Against: Sanitised content!!!! alarm bells anyone? if the code isn't open source/based on industry standards, whats to stop them implementing great firewall of china for iPhones... I have heard they are going to be charging you extra for the ability to use wifi tethering as well... wouldn't be the first time ToS have changed, sony removing linux from ps3 anyone? UI is uncustomizable, they're tied to ONE computer, no additional storage if needed, no acting as USB mass storage, No Alternate Versions of iOS if you don't like the one you're given, the big one that should set peoples alarm bells off - apple tracks your movements and sells your information to governments and marketing agencies whether you like it or not, you agreed to the terms of service you're stuck with it. oh yeah, and the shitty "helicopter glass" that is constantly breaking... there is a reason that android phones have plastic screens for all you idiots that think apple products are amazingly well made... they don't break... also samsung make most of the components for them for gods sake! how can you possibly say they're better quality?!

By choosing an android phone, all of the against points are negated, and if you are even slightly tech savvy, you can use a ROM provided by a third party to make it smoother/faster, have better functionality and better battery life than iOS by a mile. Therefore, if people weren't uneducated isheep, they would realise the above and buy android.

zblade

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2011
Hmmmm.... I heard the iPhone 4S will be a cheaper iphone. When I heard this I am expecting it to be cheaper than the current iPhone 4. Or does apple simply mean that it will be cheaper compare to iPhone 5. If this is the case wouldn't the iPhone 5 be put at an even higher price bracket than all of the previous iPhones?

Usually when a new revised version of a product comes out, the price of that product replaces the exsisting product where the exsisting product will have its price slashed. So if the iPhone 4S does replace the price of the iPhone 4 and the price of iPhone 4 is reduced, then the iPhone 5 will be even more expensive than all of the other iPhones ever produced? I guess I just have to wait till phones are here for me to find out.

Vladislaus

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010
[citation][nom]vant[/nom]Lets face it. The Android marketshare actually decreased last quarter. Consumers are quickly getting rid of their Android devices for iOS ones. People are actually trying Android devices, and flocking away.Don't believe me?http://www.idc.com/getdoc.jsp?containerId=prUS23034011[/citation]
To my knowledge the iPhone isn't a tablet.

Status
Not open for further replies.