Catching a Ride to the Cloud with Google Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

dado023

Honorable
Apr 25, 2012
Google Drive, not so cheap storage any more(like Gdocs was).... ironically disk space is so cheap these days, although electricity isn't.

G

How could anyone possibly consent to Google permission to "use, host, store, reproduce, modify, create derivative works (such as those resulting from translations, adaptations or other changes that we make so that your content works better with our Services), communicate, publish, publicly perform, publicly display and distribute such content".

In short, anything you store with Google could be legitimately acquired by them if they like it.

G

Sorry, but this is not a review. You could get more (and more correct) information from a Cornflakes packet. SkyDrive offers many more functions and integration than listed here. This is very shoddy work indeed. Come on, remote access, fully compatible with Office, native and excellent offline capability, and by far the cheapest option.

Tomsguiderachel

Distinguished
May 16, 2008
So, to be clear, your comment is taking us to task for not being thorough enough about the product's features? Fair enough. This was not a comprehensive review, it was a first-take evaluation. We almost never go through every feature of a single product, that would make the articles far too long, and we get plenty of comments criticizing our reviews for being too long, as it is. You can't please everybody all of the time.
Thanks for reading,

Rachel Rosmarin
Managing Editor, Toms Guide

quantumrand

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2009
[citation][nom]ConcernedAboutJournalism[/nom]Sorry, but this is not a review. You could get more (and more correct) information from a Cornflakes packet. SkyDrive offers many more functions and integration than listed here. This is very shoddy work indeed. Come on, remote access, fully compatible with Office, native and excellent offline capability, and by far the cheapest option.[/citation]

You're right, it's not a review. It's an introduction to Google Drive.

Regarding SkyDrive's features, I think the fact that Microsoft doesn't give third parties any avenue for integration makes the feature list pretty short, comparatively.

woody81

Honorable
Apr 28, 2012
I had a go with pricing as well: http://www.hutsby.net/2012/04/cloud-storage-comparing-costs-of-drive.html.

In terms of functionality, SkyDrive lacks Android client (Dropbox and Drive), and built in doc editing (Drive)

ethaniel

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2005
Uploaded an mp4 file. No streaming support. I don't want to synchronize a 1 GB file over all my devices, but play it from the cloud. No dice so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.